Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Clampetts and Cherry Pie



Meet Cletus and Clint...

No, they are not the next generation of Beverly Hillbillies, but our first kids! And that's not really a picture of them, but the closest thing I could get. Anyways, today Joseph went in search of the children he had seen begging and during the search he came across these two. Cletus and Clint, 5 year old twin boys. From what Joseph says they are not orphans, but do come from extreme poverty. They are homeless and along with their mother they sleep outside a convenience store at night and wander about looking for small jobs during the daytime. Their mother was so happy to find people who are willing to take in her boys. I’m not a fan of splitting up families, but I know that we will be able to put a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs. I know that we will not be able to replace their mother, but we will do everything in our power to share Christ’s love with them. My prayer is that while we are taking care of Cletus and Clint their mother will be able to find steady employment and take her boys back. God can do great things.

More news...we picked a name. The Jubilee Home. We’ve been toiling over what to call this little establishment for a while now and last night it hit me. Jubilee. Not original, but good nonetheless. Slates wiped clean, a fresh start. That is what we hope to give our kids. To help them triumph over the bonds of poverty and injustice. A lot can be said in a name.

Joseph is going to a tribal village tomorrow in search of more kids, so keep him in your prayers. That’s all I have for now. Thanks for your support!

9 comments:

jenna said...

That is so cool, Carie!! You all are definitely in my prayers!! I love you dearly!

kwərk said...

How wonderful! What an amazing thing. :)

Stacy said...

Hey Carie! I am a friend of Jenna's in Hsv. I read about you on her blog, and am intrigued by any amazing story about the work that God's people are doing...I am planning on following your story as you write it down!! Best wishes, and prayers being sent your way! :)

Anonymous said...

i am so incredibly amazed by you Carie....

Im and praying daily for you and the effort there. I'm working with many people from India right now.... some who started out where many of these kids came from. Adrienne is your biggest fan!

Abbie said...

Carie,
Just wanted to let you know how much I admire what you are doing. You truly are a special person! We are all praying for you!

Melissa said...

You are an amazing person Carie. Any children that pass through your home will be tremendously blessed! What you are doing is amazing and I commend you for that. God will bless you abundantly! You are always in my prayers and I can't wait to see what else you are able to do!

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

Great name for the place... and glad to hear an update. It's great to see what you're able to do there, especially after we experienced India for the first time together :) I'm so glad you are getting to pour yourself into something you really love like this and make such an incredible difference. I love it! And love you too.

Jen Oleksa said...

Jubilee...what a perfect name! So happy and cheerful, which I know is just what the home will be!

Post a Comment