Sunday, February 14, 2010

Learning and Loving


I just wanted to give you a little update on Jubilee.  Things are good.  God is good.  The kids are growing more each day and learning like crazy.  Each time I talk with Riny she tells me a new story of something wonderful they've done and new things that they're learning in school and church.  Last week Riny, Joseph, and the kids made a big meal and took it over to a poor family in the area.  They also provide free English tutoring to several families in our village.  I really could not have been blessed with a more Godly partnership in ministry!  

I also wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be traveling to India in March, the 9th to be exact, and will be there for a few months.  I've been practicing my Malayalam and the kids have been working on their English so hopefully we can actually communicate with words and not only actions, haha.  While I'm there we'll be doing VBS in several tribal villages.  I'll also be interning in a village hospital delivery ward for a few weeks to put my Midwifery knowledge to the test.  So exciting!   Another important part of my trip will be looking for land and a house for a permanent Jubilee residence.  Pray that God shows us where He wants us and provides the funds for it!

If you’d like to make a donation, send a card, or something small with me for the kids let me know!
I hope you are having a blessed Valentine’s Day :)

2 comments:

jenna said...

Yay!! I love hearing updates about the sweet kiddos in India! And I am so excited to hear about all of the wonderful things going on over there! Joseph and Riny sound like such incredible people! I love you Carita, and I will be praying for your upcoming trip!

Kyle said...

Super cool!

Post a Comment