Monday, August 2, 2010

Yard Sale Mayhem

It's been over a week now since the yard sale, and to be honest I'm still recouping.  Who knew that sorting old stuff could be so exhausting?  But with some great tips and awesome help it was a HUGE success!  We made almost $900 in less than 5 hours time!

Thank you devoted customers who purchased some of my family's random junk.  Like "Hoover Hannah," the lifesize doll that fits over the vacuum cleaner.  It really is true, one man (or woman's) trash is another's treasure!  Also, thank you friends who baked some awesome goodies for the sale that sold like hot cakes.

With all the work it took to do the yard sale I think I've decided that one event a season was a good amount.  So bring it on Fall, I'm ready!

5 comments:

jenna said...

I am so glad the day was a success! By the way, the blog looks beautiful!! Love you Carita!

katie said...

Wowee $900! Way to go, Care!

Kim said...

Hi Carie,
Sorry I was unable to attend. I am so glad the day turned out to be such a success.
I watched you grow from a 7yr. old to a Beautiful Loving and Caring young Lady. GOD has truly Blessed you and your Ministry. I know because of your heart God will continue to Bless you in ways you never dreamed possible.
I am so very PROUD of you. Love Always Kim

Annie said...

That's amazing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carie, I'm proud of you and spreading the word in Ohio. I'll need some more pamphlets when I see you. I'm getting to be a yard sale queen too....maybe next summer we can work together again on one. God Bless, Aunt Sue

Post a Comment